Warehouse Manager Position
Seattle Farm Co-op is now Hiring! We are looking for a part-time employee for our warehouse location in Rainier Beach. The job entails working Friday and Saturday 9:30am-4:30-5pm. Must be able to attend one staff meeting a month (flexible with time) and one hour of a board meeting each month for check in. Board meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Tuesday a month from 7-9pm (some flexibility around board meetings).
Duties (shared between all employees):
- Help customers with their purchases/answer phones/emails in timely manner
- Organize/display merchandise appropriately
- Provide signs/pricing as needed on items in warehouse
- Enter new Co-op memberships into databases (Mailman, Mailchimp, Excel)
- Accept deliveries of product (some extra hours might be required)
- Sweep warehouse at end of each shift.
- Deposit sales revenue regularly and log deposits in Google Doc
- Attend Board meeting when needed. Meetings held the 1 st and 3 rd Tuesday 7 pm
- Communicate with vendors, customers, and community members (act as liaison)
- Help cover events when need for extra hours.
Warehouse Marketing Manager
Each coop manager will be responsible for overseeing a specific department of running the business. The open position involves marketing related tasks:
- Write bi-weekly newsletter (currently named “Friday Blast”…subject to change) using MailChimp platform
- Updating website/Scratchpad blog
- Volunteer communications/coordination
In addition, this position includes managing the daily finances, for example: inputting inventory into our P.O.S. system and processing daily deposits.
All employees of the Seattle Farm Co-op are primarily responsible for helping our customers find the products they need to meet their urban farming needs. As such, we are seeking someone who has some knowledge and experience with vegetable gardening and raising farm animals like chickens (most important), ducks, rabbits, or goats.
- Be comfortable working in Quickbooks and WordPress (Additional desired computer qualifications include knowledge of MailChimp, Mailman, Filezilla, Excel, Word, Google Docs, Twitter, Facebook, and Yahoo Groups
- Be self-motivated & amp; self-directed — this position does not have direct supervision during shifts, but will report to the Board of Directors
- Retail sales experience is a major plus, as is being enthusiastic about helping grow this Co-op and supporting the local urban agriculture community
- Must be willing to become a Seattle Farm Co-op member
- Regularly lift between 40-50 pounds (occasionally up to 70 pounds).
- Bending, squatting, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling, and lifting overhead, and assisting with unloading some deliveries (repetitive heavy lifting).
- Starts at $15 per hour
- Discount pricing on all purchases
How to apply:
Position will remain open until filled. Please email a .pdf format version of your resume and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet the desired qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Warehouse Application.