Our Seattle Farm Co-op retail and warehouse space on South Jackson Street has been sold and exhaustive searching has not yet resulted in a new home so, sadly, retail operations of the SFC are suspended for the time being.
We are so grateful to our member-owners and all our customers for supporting the SFC feed and seed store. We still need your support during this hiatus. We’re all needed to participate in the discussion and to volunteer to do the work needed to sustain our Co-op. You can help us in a number of ways:
- Send us leads on possible retail/warehouse space.
- Consider serving on the SFC Board of Directors for the next term beginning in January 2015. Elections are coming up soon!
- Volunteer as an “Interim Director” and work with the current board of directors between now and the January elections. This is a great way to determine if board membership is right for you while providing much needed help to the Co-op.
- Join the SFC Feasibility Study Group. This group will be digging up valuable information that will be used to determine feasibility of future retail operations for the Co-op, as discussed at the Annual Member Meeting on October 12th.
- Attend a Board meeting. The Board of Directors meetings are held on the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 6:30pm in SE Seattle. If you’re interested in serving as an Interim Board Member or running for an open Board Member seat in the upcoming elections or working on the SFC Feasibility Study Group, please plan to attend the next SFC Board meeting on Tuesday, November 4th. RSVP by sending email to email@example.com so we can send you location directions and so we know how many to expect.
For more information, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Seattle Farm Co-op Board of Directors